Entertainment and Celebration Zones
CELEBRATE WITH US! Find out what else is going on throughout the day and find the best spots to watch the race!
Our Celebration Zones are located around the city and offer great opportunities for spectators, friends and family to soak up the event experience and enjoy the competition whilst also enjoying a range of family activities, entertainment and come and try sporting activities. We’ve also got over 13 bands and performers playing around the route! Plenty to get excited about!
Cardiff Bay Celebration Zone at Mile 6:
Join us halfway round the course in Cardiff Bay’s stunning Roald Dahl Plass and enjoy a packed day of sports activities and entertainment from 10am until 4pm!
- Run your socks off on our Seiko-timed sprint track challenge! See how fast you can run over 60m on a real track and see if your time is the fastest of the day! On top of this, why not learn how to sprint in our free master-classes or watch some of the best sprinters around competing for the fastest time of the day. Could you be faster than Usain Bolt?
- Watch the race from start to finish on our big screen! Watch Mo Farah run the whole race from the comfort of Cardiff Bay via our big screen. Relax with some of the great street food on offer and enjoy the race as they pass through 6 miles and on toward the finish.
- Give it a go in our sports zone! We’ve got all sorts of sports activities for you and the kids to have a go at on the day. After taking on the sprint challenge pop over and practice your rugby, athletic or football skills.
- Tuck in to some tasty street food! Whilst the others puff and splutter their way around 13.1 miles, enjoy the fact that you’re not with some of the best street food and drink that Cardiff has to offer.
- On top of all this we’ll have a GIANT COLOURING WALL, as well as FACE PAINTING, KIDS ACTIVITIES, STREET ENTERTAINERS and a LIVE BAND throughout the day.
City Hall Celebration Zone:
Open from 12 noon, our celebration zone at City Hall is just seconds from the baggage tents as well as the starting pens, and doubles as the perfect place for fizz and photos after the race as well as all your pre-race rituals in the hours before.
- Take a selfie with our finishing time photo wall! The perfect memento of your achievements on the day, our SEIKO photo wall will display your finishing time so you can pose and prove to your friends you did it! Ring the bell and write your time up on our PB wall, too!
- Toast your success! Our official fizz bar is the perfect place to toast the success of the day and enjoy a celebratory drink as you pose for a photo and reunite with friends.
- Shake a tail feather! We’ll have a DJ on hand to help keep the carnival spirit going a little longer.
- Enjoy a post-race massage! Cardiff University’s team of physiotherapists will be on hand during the day to help ease away those post race aches and pains.
- Meet up with your loved ones! With thousands of runners around, this is a great place to find your loved ones at our Meeting Point signs on City Hall Car Park.
Cardiff City Centre Celebration Zone:
Even for the thousands shopping on race day, the event will be all over the city and there will plenty of opportunities to catch the race while you’re out and about.
- Watch it all live on our big screen! Pop down to the Hayes in Cardiff City Centre and spend some time on our grandstand watching the whole race from start to finish.
Cheer Them to The Finish!
With all the world’s best runners taking part, you’ll want to get the best place along the route and into the finish. There are brilliant places to watch the race in Cardiff Bay, around Roath Park Lake at miles 10 and 11 and into the finishing straight where we will have public stands and a big screen so that you can watch the whole race from start to finish.
Help Cheer on Mo
Around the city at bars and restaurants, and out and about at our Event Info hubs at City Hall and Cardiff Bay, we’ll have cheer boards, flags and more to help you cheer on Mo Farah and your friends and loved ones
COURSE ENTERTAINMENT LOCATIONS
|Oystercatcher, Penarth||Vocal Harmony Choir|
|Barrage Car Park||DJ Songaar|
|Norwegian Church||The Semantics|
|Cardiff Bay Council Bandstand||Delta Breaks|
|Varsity On Richmond Road||Mynyddislwyn Male Choir|
|Pear Tree||The Plucking Fourstrings|
|Roath Community Hall||Barracwda|
|Lake Road West||Cathays Brass|
|Face 11 / Cathays Terrace||Various artists|
|Woodville pub||Jack Perrett|