Travel & Visa Information
If you live outside the European Union you will require a visa to enter the UK. All UK visa and immigration information can be found at www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk-visas-and-immigration
TRAVELLING TO THE EVENT
Cardiff Airport CWL
T: 0871 700 2000
Individuals call t: +44 (0)871 700 2000
Groups of 9 or more call t: +44 (0)871 700 2223 between 1000-1600 or by clicking on Groups on ‘Flying Flybe’ and fill out an online requests form. Full details of routes can also be found by accessing route maps via Flying Flybe on the website
t: 0208 234 4382
From other airports
BRS – Bristol Airport
LHR – London Heathrow
LGW – London Gatwick
MAN – Manchester Airport
STN – London Standsted
LTN – London Luton
London Gatwick LGW – http://www.gatwickairport.com/
- By car from LGW – M23, M25, M4 direct to Cardiff. Approx 3 hrs drive time
- By bus from LGW –
- By rail from LGW – Gatwick Express train to London Victoria train station, tube to London Paddington, then FGW train direct to Cardiff (2hrs) – total journey time = up to 3hrs.
London Heathrow LHR – http://www.heathrowairport.com/
- By car from LHR – M4 direct to Cardiff. Approx 2 hrs drive time.
- By bus from LHR
- By rail from LHR – Heathrow Express train to London Paddington then FGW train direct to Cardiff (2hrs) – total journey time approx 2hrs 20 mins
- By car from BRS – M4 direct to Cardiff. Approx 50 mins drive time.
- By bus from BRS – take the A1 Airpot Flyer Expresss (A1) to Bristol Temple Meads train station. Take a train from the railway station on FGW to Cardiff Central.
- By National Express bus (direct service) Passengers travelling between Bristol Airport and South Wales now have the option of a direct coach link via National Express. www.nationalexpress.com
- By rail from BRS – Bus (A1) to Bristol Temple Meads then a FGW train to Cardiff Central.
Manchester Airport MAN – http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/manweb.nsf
- The Station, Manchester Airport’s integrated transport hub, offers fast and frequent train services linking the airport with over 100 destinations across the North of England and beyond. Frequent direct services run to and from MAN with TransPennine Express and Northern Rail, run 24 hours a day, 7 days a week . (Sheffield, York, Newcastle, Leeds, Liverpool, Huddersfield, Bolton, Preston, Blackpool, The Lake District, Chester – with Arriva Train Wales – requires a interchange at Manchester Piccadilly as will North Wales – with Arriva Train Wales – requires a interchange at Manchester Piccadilly)
- Trains To/From Manchester – Trains run every 10 minutes to/from Manchester Piccadilly station in the city centre, taking around 20 minutes.
Stansted Airport STN – http://www.stanstedairport.com/
London Luton LTN – http://www.london-luton.co.uk/en/
By Rail/ train:
First Great Western – http://www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk/
From London area/ South East/ South West to Cardiff
From Manchester/ Birmingham/ northern England to Cardiff
National Express – http://www.nationalexpress.com/wherewego/airports/gatwick-airport.aspx
Daily services offered from London Gatwick (LGW), London Heathrow (LHR), Standsted (STN) and Luton (LTN) to Cardiff coach station.
Mega Bus – http://uk.megabus.com/
Daily service offered from various London locations to Cardiff city centre.
Once in Cardiff:
Cardiff Bus http://www.cardiffbus.com/english/
Cardiff Bus +44 (0)29 2066 6444
Premier Cars +44(0)29 20 555 555
Dragon Cars +44(0)29 20 333 333
Capital Cars +44(0)29 20 777 777
Cardiff Executive Cars +44 (0)29 2099 0129 http://www.cardiffexecutivecars.co.uk/
Cardiff Cycle Tours http://www.cardiffcycletours.com
t: +44 (0)7500 564389
Pedal Power http://www.cardiffpedalpower.org/
t: +44 (0)29 2039 0713
Cardiff Boat Tours http://www.cardiffboat.com/
t: +44 (0)7445 440874
Cardiff Aquabus http://www.cardiffaquabus.com/
t: +44 (0)29 2034 5163
By foot: Cardiff is an accessible city and we pride ourselves by saying you can walk from one side of the city to the other in 900 seconds (or 15 minutes) paced at a brisk walk!